Tuesday, March 25, 2008

THE Music Scarf

I honestly can't believe I'm the first person to ever have the desire to knit a scarf with music notes on it. This simply can't be possible.
Well, I suppose it can, since I looked high and low trying to find a pattern without luck. I did, however find some crochet charts and other miscellaneous things, so I finally ventured into the strange, strange world of writing one's own patterns.

Frightening, I know.

So far, it hasn't been too bad, but it did take me a while to realize that I had to knit the chart backwards for the notes to be accurate. That was slightly traumatizing, but at least I now know better for the other end when I get there. And because this was my first excursion into color work, my fabric is a little puckered in some areas, but as I once read in a very wise person's knitting book, "You are a human. Therefore, it is ok for your knitting to look like it has been done by a human."
I like that. And plus, my art hero Andy Warhol loved mistakes. He frequently embraced and incorporated them into his amazing work.

So there, I am not perfect, and neither are you.

Anyway, enough of that. Pictures!




1 comment:

Mikeila A. Bellavance said...

Hey! My name is Mikeila and I was on Kristina Horner's blog and I was going through the comments on her blog and your name stood out to me. So, I clicked on your profile and noticed that you are so similar to me! We both love Harry Potter, We both knit, we both like Lord of the Rings, we both play violin, we both read the bible (I assume that you're a Christian), and there are tons of bands that you listed that I love: Hawk Nelson, Relient K, Jars of Clay, David Crowder Band... The list goes on... But anyway! I'm going to follow your blog since we have a lot in common! :)