Thursday, June 12, 2008

fiveawesomeknitters!

It's been a while since I've blogged, but as it's summer, I thought I'd try to get back into this kind of thing. I also have a lot of time to knit (and thus a lot of things to talk about) and also started an exciting project this week.

My latest project is a baby hat for my good friend Christina, who's due in August. I'm using the Cozy Cuddles pattern by Ruth Maddock from Issue 37 of Simply Knitting Magazine, and it's very well written and easy to follow. They color code the different sizes, which prevents stitch confusion. It's really fun to knit, and it's turning out really nicely. My stitches are pretty even so far, and adding the earflaps was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I'm excited to finish it, because then I can start Rosemary Wait's Harry Potter Hufflepuff House Bag (which will be awesome!) I have to have that finished by (hopefully) the second week of July, so I'm trying to be quick but efficient.

AND, the exciting project that I've started is called fiveawesomeknitters. It's a video blog project along the vein of Brotherhood 2.0 and fiveawesomegirls. For those of you who are completely lost, the idea is that there are five of us, and we are each assigned a day of the week. On our day (I am Monday, for example) we make a video blog in which we talk about knitting, our lives, etc., and get to know each other. Then, we post it to YouTube. This week is the first week, and so far it's been incredible!! I couldn't ask to be in a collab channel with better people - they are all so clever and talented and awesome. Sometimes I feel slightly inadequate in the midst of their awesome!! So basically, KNITTING kNERDFIGHTERS FTW!!!

No comments: