Friday, June 27, 2008

double you tea eff.

Don't get me wrong, I love knitting fellowship. A lot. Possible more than is healthy. I am an awesomeknitter, for goodness' sake. The Yarnettes group has never dissapointed me with insightful conversation or good company. However, today was a slight dissapointment. If any of you are reading this, I love you all, and thank you for accepting me into your group. I appreciate all of your wisdom and humor.

But I do not enjoyed being called "little girl." At all. So please, avoid that phrase.

Honestly. I wouldn't even mind being called "girl." (Though, admittedly, that is slightly harsh.) But last time I checked I am not "little." I may be short, but that is something that cannot be helped. According to my doctor, I have stopped growing. I am not six. I am sixteen, and while that is younger than most people who are assosciated with knitting, that does not make me any less of a citizen than you. It doesn't give you permission to talk to me like I am a lesser being. I may be slightly more naive, and have more years to live in front of me, but I am a human as well, I am over the age of ten, and I am not "little."

Please, never ever call me "little girl" again.

kthxbai.

No comments: